Profile image for MrLemon

Trying to 'test the water' - what would you say are the best and worst things about Midsomer Norton? What do we do really well, and what are we missing?

By MrLemon at 22:45 on 05/03/12

• Profile image for CarlaEGale

I love the walks and pathways around Midsomer Norton, they are a great escape! We do need a shop that stocks make-up (like Boots). The only place that sells it in the high street is Lloyds and Sainsbury and there's a not a lot of variety. There's also no men's wear shops.

By CarlaEGale at 10:20 on 06/03/12

• Profile image for Pennypacker Farms

I think the best thing about Midsomer Norton is the river I remember growing up when my brother Reg and I would paddle in the river in the summer and splash each other with the water from the river. My aunt Grace would sit on a deckchair at the side of the river playing Bridge with her girlfriends until it got dark.

I also like Martins.

I think Midsomer Norton needs more charity shops due to the current credit crunch. In the Nineteen Eighties we could afford new tellys from Granada's but times are different now. I certainly wouldn't swim in the river these days.

Kind regards,
    Harold

By Pennypacker Farms at 10:26 on 06/03/12

Where abouts in the river did you paddle Harold? I've always thought the bit behind the Welton Rover's football ground looks inviting. Mind you if it got hot enough I might go for a wade in the summer.

By CarlaEGale at 10:33 on 06/03/12

• Profile image for tinytrish12

there is nothing going on at all, nowhere to meet and make friends or anything, its pretty dull realy

By tinytrish12 at 16:23 on 14/03/12

Hi Tinytrish, lots of clubs and organisations are meeting at the local coffee shops and at the Greyhound during the week and ....with the new arts centre, perhaps there will be more of a gathering point for local artists. dancers and musicians....I think there's lots of talent in Midsomer Norton and perhaps we can bring some VA VA VA VAOOM back into the town!

By CarlaEGale at 15:13 on 16/03/12

• Profile image for bsnellgrove1

There is always more going on than you think. I am sure with the right encouragement lots more activity could happen. For example, artists are traditionally aloof but in the right supportive atmosphere they could lcombine for say and exhibition.
    Brian

By bsnellgrove1 at 20:57 on 20/08/12

• Profile image for M_N_R

I like my neighbours; but we are agreed we don't like the way everyone persists on the future is going to be based on voluntary groups and wading. You have a swimming pool nearby use that!

By M_N_R at 18:13 on 21/08/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent